Photo courtesy of:RoTel.com
- 8 ounces shredded turkey meat (strip with two forks)
- 8 ounces shredded ham (strip with two forks – use a total of 1 pound turkey if you choose)
- 1 large onion peeled and diced
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix 2 cups water
- 1 large packet of Velveeta cheese cubed
- 1 16 ounce jar of salsa – medium to hot
- 1 can of rinsed black beans
- 1 large bag of Tostitos white corn tortilla chips, smashed
- 8 ounces of grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons – divided – canola oil
- Jalapeño pickled slices
- Sour Cream for topping
- One large oven safe casserole dish (Something large enough to make a large pan of lasagna)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Mix cubed Velveeta cheese and Salsa, blend well in a microwave safe container with a lid and microwave. Stop every few minutes to stir so that the cheese does not burn. Keep stripping your turkey and ham using two forks. In a saucier pan or skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and sauté the diced onion until soft, about five minutes. Add the taco seasoning packet and 2 cups of water, stir frequently until thoroughly mixed and lumps are removed.
Add one can rinsed black beans, add your stripped turkey and ham, simmer for 5 minutes. Add the second tablespoon of canola oil to oil your oven safe casserole dish. Pour all of your white corn chips into the oiled casserole pan and smash to make one even level of corn chips to cover the casserole dish. Cover the smashed corn chips with your Velveeta cheese and salsa mixture. Use a spatula to evenly distribute over the entire surface, then spread your meat and bean sauce over the top of your Velveeta cheese and salsa layer. Finally, cover your meat sauce evenly with your grated cheese mixture of cheddar and Monterey cheeses. Place jalapeño slices on top of the cheese, place the casserole dish into the center of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top layer of cheese is completely melted. Once baked, remove the casserole dish from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Cut out 4 inch square sections of the casserole using a chefs knife and using a broad flat spatula plate the squares. Top each Nacho Casserole Supreme square with a dollop of sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of: Thompson Family Cookbook
Sierra Nevada Celebration
This beer only comes out in the winter-time. It is full-bodied and the perfect fit for this dip. It also pairs well with football!
12oz 6-pack $11.74