- 6 large Yukon potatoes, peeled
- 8 ounces of Kale, green curly type. Cleaned and large bottom stock section trimmed off
- 6 scallions or 8 spring onions, trimmed and cleaned
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- 5 ounces of unsweetened cream
- 2 ounces of butter (Irish butter is available in many local grocery store deli sections)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Peel and cubed potatoes. Add to salted boiling water. Boil potatoes until soft but not falling a part. Drain potatoes and mash. In a separate large pot or saucier, add chopped onions, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to boil. Add chopped kale and add half of the butter.
Fold in the mashed potatoes, boiling the cream and beat this mixture well until light and fluffy. Serve with the chopped parsley and remaining butter. Serve this hearty dish with either boiled ham or thick cut cooked bacon.
Enjoy this dish with this bright Spanish white Ulacia Txakolina (750ml) – $18.99
90 points – Stephen Tanzer Bright straw. Lively, precise scents of fresh citrus and orchard fruits, along with suggestions of quinine and chalky minerals. Taut and nervy, with bitter lime pith and honeysuckle flavors putting on weight with air. Finishes dry and nervy, with lingering floral character.
Recipe courtesy of: Thompson Family Cookbook