This traditionally prepared Grilled Kabob recipe dish pairs nicely with La Bastide de la Carignan aux Olivers, at $14.99 a bottle (750 mL). It comes from the fabulous little winery in the south of France called Domaine Familongue.
GRILLED LAMB SHISH KABOBS
- 1 pound of lamb meat cubed from leg
- Juice of two lemons
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic – pressed or smashed and chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 small handful of chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves (equal portions)
- Skewers – use metal flat broad skewers. If not available, wooden skewers – soak in water 15 minutes.
- Juice the two lemons and infuse into the olive oil using a kitchen whip or a strong fork. – Add garlic and herbs and salt.
- Let stand while cubing the lamb.
- Rinse and pat dry the cubed lamb.
- Toss the lamb cubes and olive/ lemon herb mixture in a bowl.
- Place all contents into resealable dish or cover with shrink wrap and marinade.
- Refrigerate for two hours before grilling.
- Prepare your hummus or purchase quality regular hummus.
- Slice large veggies (thinly) for the grill. Use leftover lamb marinade to brush on the veggies once on the grill.
- Grill for about 10 to 15 minutes turning several times. Serve immediately.