Good tailgating begins in the morning. We have a breakfast/brunch twist this week that features travel, finger and tummy friendly recipes, wine, cocktail and beer. This week’s motto: It’s noon thirty somewhere.
Scrambled Egg Muffin Slider
- 6 bacon slices
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg (for muffins)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (for muffins)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs (for scrambled eggs)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter (for scrambled eggs)
1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 12 to 14 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
3. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
4. Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter, cheese, and bacon. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
6. Whisk together 8 eggs, water, and Creole seasoning in a medium bowl. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of pan to form large pieces. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. (Do not overstir) Cut muffins in half, and spoon eggs over bottom halves. Cover with top halves of muffins.
~ Recipe courtesy of SouthernLiving.com
Santa Margherita Prosecco
Delicate and dry. Sparkles with a bouquet of peach and apple. Floral flavors with hints of citrus. 750ml $24.99
Tequila Mocha Thermos Cocktail Recipe
- 1 ounce of dark tequila Olmeca Altos 100% Agave Reposado Tequila 1.75L $32.99
- 4 ounces of bold coffee
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of grated milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of white chocolate chips
- Milk (optional)
While the coffee is hot, add it to a cocktail shaker, along with the tequila and cinnamon; shake until fully blended.
Add the white and milk chocolate to the thermos, then pour in the tequila blend.
Allow the drink to rest for a moment so that the chocolate can melt, and then screw on the thermos lid. Shake before taking your first sip!