Wine Pairing: Most any light, crisp white wine will work, but for a special treat, try Patricia Green Cellars Sauvignon Blanc (750ml, $21.99) from the Dundee Hills AVA in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. There are only 100 acres of Sauvignon in all of Oregon. After tasting this beautiful wine, I bet they’ll soon be a lot more growing there.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
This recipe is courtesy of Robbie Rice of AllRecipes.com.