1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Open the hoagie rolls and lay out on a baking sheet.
3. Heat beef consomme and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat to make a rich beef broth.
4. Place the roast beef in the broth and warm for 3 minutes.
5. Arrange the meat on the hoagie rolls and top each roll with 2 slices of provolone.
6. Bake the sandwiches in the preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese just begins to melt.
7. Serve the sandwiches with small bowls of the warm broth for dipping.