Wine Pairing: Try a lighter bodied Pinot Noir such as Bellula from the Languedoc region of France (750ml, $14.99). Or, if you prefer a white, Selbach-Oster Riesling Spätlese (750ml, $29.99) would pair perfectly too!
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 3 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tsp. corn starch (dissolve in 2 Tbsp. water)
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, combine water, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce and ginger. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Use a paper towel to remove excess oil from the pan.
- Add sauce to the chicken and let it simmer for 1 minute, then add cornstarch (and water) mixture. Stir quickly and reduce heat as it thickens.
- Cut the chicken slices into bite-sized pieces and serve over rice or vegetables. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top to garnish.
This recipe is courtesy of Cool Springs Wines & Spirits staffer, Richard, and his dog, Bella.