Wine Pairing: This is a great recipe to bend the rules – try a lighter bodied Pinot Noir like Pali Huntington (750ml) $17.99 that will really complement the spices. For white, I suggest a rich, exotic Viognier such as d’Arenberg’s The Hermit Crab (750ml) $14.99 from McLaren Vale, Australia.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (or to your preference)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 salmon filets
Honey Ginger Glaze Ingredients:
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp Siracha, or more, to taste
- 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- While salmon is marinating, use real wood lump charcoal and brush the grilling rack with oil to keep the salmon from sticking.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in.
- Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Turn carefully with a wide spatula and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be slightly raw the center, but don’t worry; it will keep cooking as it sits.
- Transfer the fish to a flat plate, skin side down and spoon the reserved marinade on top.
- Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin and serve warm with Basmati or Jasmine rice at room temperature with a melange of fresh greens with a light olive oil – balsamic vinegar and lemon.
This recipe is courtesy of Barefoot Contessa Parties! All Rights Reserved